This $75 portable dock is a must-have Nintendo Switch accessory — even if you don't plan on traveling anytime soon
When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
- A common predicament among
Nintendo Switchowners is the desire to play the console on more than one TV.
- The Genki Covert Dock, which retails for about $75, is the perfect solution: It's a small cube no bigger than a standard laptop charger that lets you connect your
NintendoSwitch to any TV, and keeps it powered up as well.
Both consoles are hooked up to the same TV. What to do?
The obvious solution is to buy a second Nintendo Switch dock and connect that to another TV. Unfortunately, Nintendo has been sold out of Switch consoles and standalone Switch docks for months, and I refuse to buy marked-up versions of those items on eBay.Enter Human Things, a tiny three-person company that's been trying to fill important voids left by Nintendo for its popular Switch console.
Last year, I reviewed
The Genki Covert Dock is basically a little black cube that you plug into an outlet.The device itself has just three ports, including an HDMI port that connects the device to a television, and two USB ports: USB-C to connect to a Nintendo Switch, and a USB-A port in case you felt like connecting another device, like a controller, to your TV.Advertisement
The package also includes multiple adapters for global outlets, in case you're playing your Switch in a remote part of the world that uses different plugs, and a USB-C cable that connects to the Switch so you don't have to go out and buy a second one. That's super convenient. 77601093
You might be wondering, "That's it?" And yeah, that's it. That is the entire accessory.The Genki Covert Dock connects to power, connects to your Switch console, and connects to your TV. It's simple as pie.Advertisement
This smaller dock takes the general design of Nintendo's default Switch dock that comes with the console, and makes it much smaller and simpler. It's only a little bigger than Apple's pocketable AirPods Pro.77601122Advertisement
In practice, the Genki Covert Dock feels perfect to use. I experience zero lag or latency when playing games with it.Picture and sound are all communicated between the Switch and the TV with no issues whatsoever, as made evident in my time using the
The bottom line
I would feel confident taking this little device on the road with me — whenever that happens — so I could play on any HDMI-equipped TV on the go.
The Genki Covert Dock is an easy recommendation for any Nintendo Switch owner.Pros: Compact design, easy portability, works seamlessly with Nintendo Switch, supports international outletsAdvertisement
Cons: $75 is not cheap for such a tiny accessory
- HM commanders channelised drug smuggling money in J&K to support terror activities: NIA
- What is gender lens investing? Sangita Reddy, Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Nandini Piramal, and Vani Kola share their thoughts
- Luxury icons Sabyasachi and Oberoi open up about their 'perfectionist quirks' like checking the color of egg yolks and slashing clothes so they can’t hit the edit table
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi warns against complacency in the fight against COVID-19
- Best budget smartphone deals under ₹20,000 in the Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2020