Instagram isn't done copying Snapchat
Facebook kicked off its ruthless copying of Snapchat when it released Instagram Stories last August.Now Instagram is replicating the 3D filters that Snapchat made popular with the addition of its own face filters on Tuesday.Advertisement
Instagram can now show virtual effects like rabbit ears, flower crowns, and more from a new face icon at the bottom right of the app's camera. There will be eight of these filters to start. Unlike Snapchat, an Instagram spokesperson told Business Insider that "we have no plans to offer sponsored face filters at this time."
There are a few more creative tools now in Instagram:
- A new rewind mode plays videos you record in reverse.
- You can add a hashtag to a story to let viewers explore related photos and videos.
- An eraser brush can remove whatever you've drawn over a photo. (Snapchat recently released a similar feature, except its eraser tool can remove actual objects like Photoshop.)
- Two foreigners held for drug peddling
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry