INSTANT MBA: Always Asks Potential Leaders These 5 Questions
Jeff Immelt, CEO of GE, via his post on LinkedIn:
"People want to not only know about our philosophy for cultivating the next generation of leaders but also sometimes the more difficult question of how we differentiate among senior executives. How do you evaluate the talent at the very top of GE, or any other organization?"Immelt says that he always asks potential talent the following 5 questions:
2. Is the leader committed to the company/organization; do they drive change?3. Is the leader a giver or a taker?
4. Is the leader a critical thinker?5. Lastly, does the leader have a dream for themselves and the company? "At GE, we view
Not having all the answers is exactly the reason why it's important to ask questions.
Want your business advice featured in
- UP's Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announces free funerals for deceased Covid patients
- You no longer need a Covid+ve report to get admitted to a hospital: Union Health Ministry
- Supreme Court sets up a 12-member National Task Force to facilitate public health response to the pandemic
- Adobe Summit 2021: Empowering a digital-first economy through personalisation
- Crime branch to probe recovery of O2 concentrators from Delhi eateries, including Khan Market's famous Khan Chacha and Town Hall