INSTANT MBA: Always Asks Potential Leaders These 5 Questions
"People want to not only know about our philosophy for cultivating the next generation of leaders but also sometimes the more difficult question of how we differentiate among senior executives. How do you evaluate the talent at the very top of GE, or any other organization?"
Immelt says that he always asks potential talent the following 5 questions:
1. Is the leader self-aware?
2. Is the leader committed to the company/organization; do they drive change?
3. Is the leader a giver or a taker?
4. Is the leader a critical thinker?
5. Lastly, does the leader have a dream for themselves and the company?
"At GE, we view
Not having all the answers is exactly the reason why it's important to ask questions.
Want your business advice featured in
- Culinary odyssey: Exploring Kochi's 10 famous cuisines
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP