Mike Tyson once offered a zookeeper $10,000 to open a cage so he could 'smash' a silverback gorilla in the face
Mike Tysonsaid he once tried to bribe a zookeeper with a large sum of money so he could go inside a gorilla den and punch a silverback in the face.
- Tyson was being given a private tour of a New York zoo along with his ex-wife Robin Givens around 30 years ago.
- But Tyson said he saw one gorilla being a bully and wanted to walk into the den and teach it a lesson.
- "I offered the attendant $10,000 to open the cage and let [me] smash that silverback's snot box! He declined."
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Mike Tyson once offered a zookeeper $10,000 to open a cage so he could "smash" a silverback gorilla in the face.
Tyson said he was being given a private tour of a zoo more than 30 years ago, saw a gorilla being a bully, and offered the tour guide a considerable sum of money so he could go inside the cage and punch him."I paid a worker at New York's zoo to re-open it just for me and [ex-wife] Robin [Givens]," Tyson said, according to Boxing Scene.
"I offered the attendant $10,000 to open the cage and let [me] smash that silverback's snot box! He declined."It is not the only wild Tyson story involving an exotic animal.
He recently said one of his pet tigers in the 1990s attacked a woman who had trepassed on his property.The tiger "f----- up" the trespasser so badly he paid her approximately $250,000. "I didn't know what they could do to a person's flesh," he said recently in an Instagram Live chat. "I had no idea."
Tyson's attitudes towards animals have changed drastically since then. Where there was once gorillas and tigers, there is now a pet poodle which he allows to lick him on the mouth.
He even films himself playfully sparring the little dog, which he said is called Mars.Mars is a good boy.
Read more:Mike Tyson said there were times in his career when he thought he was a 'Demi-God' after Eminem tearfully told the ex-heavyweight champion he worshipped him as a kid
- Pakistan may resume import of cotton from India, says Report
- Google may introduce 'Wear OS screen recording' tool, says report
- Researchers develop new data transfer system ten times faster than USB
- Ayodhya's Ram Temple collects nearly ₹2,100 crore funds for its construction, says associated Trust
- Increase public health care budget in Maharashtra: Activists