2 people are dead and 14 injured after a mass shooting at a backyard party in Rochester, New York
- Two people have been killed and 14 injured in a mass shooting in Rochester, New York, according to city officials.
- The shooting occurred in the early hours of Saturday at a backyard party, acting Rochester Police Chief Mark Simmons said.
- A witness told local television station 13WHAM
Newsthe gunfire sounded "like the Vietnam War."
- The two people who were killed were a man and a woman aged between 18 and 22 years old.
A mass shooting in Rochester, New York has left two dead and 14 others injured, according to the city's police department.
The shooting occurred at a backyard party in the early hours of Saturday morning, according to Rochester's Interim Police Chief Mark Simmons.
The two people who were killed were a man and a woman aged between 18 and 22 years old, Simmons said, according to local television station 13WHAM News. Police have not yet revealed their names.
The other 14 people have all been hospitalized, but their injuries are not life-threatening.
"I urge anyone with any information to contact the Rochester Police Department," Simmons said, according to local television station WROC-TV.
Officers reported seeing around 100 people running to and from the location of the party when they arrived at the scene.
There were no calls to complain about the large gathering, up until the 911 call about the shooting, Simmons said.
"So you would think that someone sees something prior to this concern. So we ask the community when you see this please pick up the phone and call 911," Simmons added. "It's an extremely difficult scene."
A witness told 13WHAM News the gunfire sounded "like the Vietnam War."
Tyler Brown, a reporter for 13WHAM, reported seeing family members crying and consoling each other.
Several streets have been blocked off in the area around the house where the shooting happened.
There have been no arrests in connection with the shooting so far.
- Best king size bed sheets for bedroom in India
- OPINION: The next four-letter word taking the world of finance by storm
- Best steel chair for living room in India
- Best floodlights for outdoors in India
- CCI approves HDFC Bank's acquisition of 4.99% stake in HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company