4 people stabbed, and another shot as Proud Boys and counter-protesters clash at pro-Trump rallies in Washington DC and Washington State
- Four people have been stabbed during a pro-Trump rally in Washington DC while another was shot in Olympia, Washington.
- The four stabbing victims are in critical condition, while the condition of the shooting victim remains unknown.
- The clashes between the protesters, counter-protesters, and police came two days before the electoral college results are expected to confirm President-elect Joe Biden's win.
- The rallies were held the day after the Supreme Court rejected a bid to overturn the election results following Trump's latest legal challenge.
Four people have been stabbed during the 'Stop the Steal' protests in Washington DC while another was shot in Olympia, Washington.
The four stabbing victims were stabbed near Harry's Bar at 11th and F Street Northwest, a gathering point for the Proud Boys, The Washington Post reported.
Hundreds of members of the Proud Boys were in attendance at the protests, and could be seen in videos marching while chanting "fuck antifa." The far-right group is classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.
Later in the evening, pro-Trump protesters and Proud Boys clashed with black-clad counter-protesters near Black Lives Matter Plaza and other areas of DC.
The authorities did not comment on which group the injured individuals belonged to, according to The New York Times.
The four stabbing victims are in critical condition, while the status of the shooting victim remains unknown.
Two police officers with moderate injuries and two people with minor injuries were also taken to hospital, The NYT added.
The clashes between the protesters, counter-protesters, and police at the pro-Trump rallies held to support his efforts to overturn the election results came two days before the electoral college results are expected to confirm President-elect Joe Biden's win.
As of 9pm Saturday, 23 people had been arrested in DC, including 10 who were charged with misdemeanor assaults, six with assaulting police officers, and four with rioting, The Washington Post reported.
One of those arrested also had an illegal taser, The Post added.
Meanwhile, in Olympia, Washington, three people were arrested, one on suspicion of a weapons violation and the other two on suspicion of felony assault, according to The Olympian.
In a statement posted on Twitter, Washington State Patrol said: "There's been a shooting on the Capitol Campus. The suspect has been detained. We do not have any status on the victim.
"There have been sporadic confrontations throughout the day. WSP and partner agencies are working together, coordinating response to the situation."
Twitter users shared images of injuries from other political confrontations from around the country.
Matt Johnson, a reporter from Atlanta's WSB-TV tweeted an image with the caption: "Someone walked up to a Democratic Get Out the Vote rally in Stockbridge today and punched a supporter in the face then tore up his @ossoff and @ReverendWarnock signs, per police & witnesses. The suspect was arrested and charged with battery. Victim is ok."
—Matt Johnson (@MattWSB) December 12, 2020
The rallies were held the day after the Supreme Court rejected a bid to overturn the election results in Trump's latest legal challenge.
Correction: An earlier version of this article included mention of a violent clash at a rally in Sacramento, along with an embedded video. However, that incident occured in November.
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Chinese smartphone brands under scrutiny, government to check components, pre-installed apps: Report
- Best AMD desktop processors — which one to buy in India?
- Best AMD Ryzen laptops in India
- Best TVs with HDR support in India
- Bored Ape NFT sells for $2.7 million, making it the most expensive in Yacht Club collection
- Startup salaries have increased over 40% in the last six months
- Indian Employees
- Data Science Job
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- OLA electric scooter
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons