5 online grocery delivery services that make life easier for New Yorkers - and how their offerings, prices, and promotions compare
- Online grocery delivery services like FreshDirect and Instacart offer comparable product variety and prices as your favorite grocery store, with the added bonus of convenient and affordable delivery.
- Read about their different shopping experiences, promotions and rewards programs offered, and more below.
- Due to the novel coronavirus and a New York state mandate for all non-essential workers to stay at home, many online grocery delivery services are experiencing delays fulfilling and shipping orders, as well as low inventory for household essentials, cleaning supplies, and shelf-stable pantry items. Be sure to keep those factors in mind if you're putting in an order.
- Many online grocery delivery services have also updated their policies to reduce social interactions, support the shopper community, and more.
- Read more: The best meal kit delivery services
When everyone else has the same brilliant idea to shop after work or on weekends, grocery shopping in person becomes a major time, energy, and money suck that doesn't seem worth it (and undoubtedly contributes to an uptick in Grubhub and Seamless orders).
Now that a new state mandate requires all non-essential workers in New York to stay at home starting the evening of March 22 due to the novel coronavirus, brick-and-mortar grocery stores will come under even more strain and experience an increase in shopping activity as people prepare to hole up in their homes for extended periods of time.
Enter online grocery delivery, the service that helps us maintain our sanity in a world where we already have enough things on our mind and to check off on our to-do lists. And during this time, where they also help us maintain distance and unnecessary social contact.
There are a handful of major grocery delivery services that are available nationwide or serve New York City inhabitants specifically, all with different shopping experiences, delivery-fee structures, and special promotions. Read on to learn which one is best for you.
Here are the 5 best online grocery delivery services in New York City:
You can purchase syndication rights to this story here.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Reviews team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FreshDirect: The best balance of value, convenience, variety, and ease of shopping
Peapod: The best shopping assistants, rewards programs, and discounts
Instacart: The best place to shop local markets and shop as a group
AmazonFresh: The best way to get groceries from Whole Foods
FoodKick: The best NYC-focused, same-day delivery experience
- Smart farming can prove to be a game changer in the coming days
- India must pitch for Rupee as dollar distancing might be finally happening: SBI Ecowrap
- Snapchat+ comes to India with exclusive features — here's how much it costs and how to sign up
- Xiaomi’s CyberOne humanoid robot can detect human emotions and costs as much as a Ford Mustang
- Markets may open slightly higher as they await Indian inflation data