82 fresh COVID-19 cases reported in Nepal
Kathmandu, Jul 12 () Nepal's COVID-19 cases jumped to 16,801 after 82 new infections were reported, while 38 people have succumbed to the coronavirus, a senior health official said on Sunday.
The number of recovered patients has gone up to 8,589 as 147 COVID–19 patients recuperated from the infection in the last 24 hours, Health Ministry spokesperson Jageshwor Gautam said.A total of 82 new infections have been reported, pushing the country's tally to 16,801, the official said. Advertisement
Currently, there are 8174 corona active patients undergoing treatment at different health facilities across the country. Nepal's COVID–19 recovery rate has reached 51.1 per cent, Gautam said.
The death toll remains 38 as there was no death reported in the last 24 hours, according to Health Ministry.So far, 283,515 PCR tests have been conducted across the country, it said.
The novel coronavirus which originated from China in December last year has claimed over 5.6 lakh lives and infected more than 12 million people globally, according to Johns Hopkins University data. SBP MRJ MRJ
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- One-time loan restructuring dilemma - RBI won’t commit, and India Inc won’t stop asking for it
- While people boycott Chinese products, IPL to retain Chinese sponsors: Omar Abdullah
- Patna IPS officer probing case related to Sushant Singh Rajput's death 'forcibly quarantined' in Mumbai: DGP
- Karnataka CM Yediyurappa tests positive for COVID-19
- Ayodhya begins rituals for the foundation ceremony of the Ram Temple