A 25-year-old fell to his death while taking photos on an Arizona cliff. While officials were recovering his body, they found more human remains.
- Orlando Serrano-Arzola, 25, died on Sunday after falling from the rim overlooking the Colorado River at the Glen Canyon Dam near Page,
- The National Park Service said in a statement that Serrano-Arzola was taking pictures when he slipped and fell.
- While recovering Serrano-Arzola's body, officials found human remains of another person.
- The National Parks Service and local officials are now investigating both deaths.
A 25-year-old man fell to his
Orlando Serrano-Arzola, of Phoenix, Arizona, died on Sunday after falling from the rim overlooking the Colorado River at the Glen Canyon Dam near Page, Arizona, the National Park Service said in a statement.
The statement said Serrano-Arzola was taking pictures when he slipped and fell 100 feet, then slid an additional 150 feet. Officials said he showed no sign of life after the fall and had experienced extreme trauma.
While recovering his body, officials from the Coconino County Sheriff's Office, the National Park Service, the Page Police Department, and the US Bureau of Reclamation discovered human remains of another body at the base of the rim, according to the Salt Lake City Tribune.
It's unclear how the remains got there or the length of time they had been there.
The National Parks Service and the Coconino County Sheriff's Office are investigating both the human remains and Serrano-Arzola's death.
Coconino County Sheriff's Office spokesman Jon Paxton told Insider that the agency had not further information to provide.
- Read more:
- A man in upstate New York has been charged in the death of an 80-year-old man who confronted him over not wearing a mask
- Attorney Stephen Barnes of Cellino & Barnes has reportedly died in a plane crash
- A 67-year-old California man broke his leg in Joshua Tree National Park and was stranded for 2 days, surviving on berries and water
- A 72-year-old woman was gored by a bison at Yellowstone National Park after she got too close to it while taking photos
- Amul hikes milk price by ₹2/ltr in Gujarat
- GST mop-up rises 13% to ₹1.6 lakh crore in March, second highest collection ever
- White House refuses to pay for Twitter's Blue verification: Report
- Italy bans ChatGPT, orders investigation over privacy breach
- IISc researchers design tiny supercapacitor capable of storing large amount of electric charge