A 25-year-old Mali woman gave birth to 9 babies. She was expecting 7.
- A 25-year-old woman in
Maligave birthto nine babies, the country's minister of healthsaid.
- The woman was expecting seven babies, but doctors missed two during ultrasounds.
- All of her children were delivered via C-section and are healthy.
A 25-year-old woman from Mali gave birth to nine babies - but had only expected to deliver seven, said Fanta Siby, Mali's minister of health and social development.
The mother, Halima Cisse, gave birth Tuesday to five girls and four boys, Siby said, according to a CNN report. Doctors had missed two of the babies during ultrasounds in Mali and in
Cisse gave birth in Morocco, according to a report from Al Jazeera.
All nine of the babies were delivered by C-section, Siby said, according to the reports. The mom and her nine children are all doing well, he said, adding that Cisse and her babies would return home in several weeks.
According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the world record for most surviving babies delivered at one time is held by Nadya Suleman, the woman known as Octomom. In 2009, Suleman gave birth to octuplets, six boys and two girls.
Moroccan health officials have not yet confirmed the births, according to the reports.
- K'taka Assembly passes supplementary budget of Rs 10,265 crore
- Sports NFT platforms have racked up nearly $1 billion in funding this week alone, despite market slump
- COVID-19 virus likely to get weaker and become a common cold, says Oxford-AstraZeneca vax creator
- Best teether for growing baby in India
- TiE Delhi-NCR kickstarts the 10th Edition of India Internet Day themed Digital India: Escape Velocity