A 28-year-old man was arrested and charged after he was accused of creating a 'disrespectful photoshopped image' that shows men disrespecting a sergeant's grave
- A Tennesse man was arrested by authorities after being accused of making a fake photo that shows two people desecrating a deceased officer's grave and posting it on social media, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said in a news release.
- The grave was of Dickson County Sheriff's Office's Sgt. Daniel Baker who died in 2018, the Tennessean reported.
- The suspect, Joshua Andrew Garton, was charged with a count of harassment, the bureau said.
Tennessee authorities arrested a man accused of manipulating a photograph of a deceased officer's gravesite and posting it online.
Joshua Andrew Garton, 28, was charged with a count of harassment after being accused of making a photo "that depicted individuals desecrating the grave" of late Dickson County Sheriff's Office's Sgt. Daniel Baker and publishing it on social media, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said in a news release on Friday."Agents subsequently visited Baker's gravesite this morning and determined the photograph was digitally manufactured," the bureau said in the news release.
—Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (@TBInvestigation) January 23, 2021
According to the news release, Garton is housed at Dickson County Jail and bond is set at $76,000.Lisa Baker, the widow of deceased Sgt. Baker, called the photo a "disrespectful photoshopped image" to Nashville's WKRN-TV.
"I have lived through the worst and continue to just push forward. There is not much that the people of this world can do to surprise me. All I can do is pray for the lost soul responsible and the safety of our law enforcement," Baker told the news station.Read more:A Virginia man arrested at a DC checkpoint with guns and ammo says he was just lost and made an 'honest mistake'
- TTD approves Rs 2,938-crore budget for 2021-22
- Wholesale growth expected to continue for tractors, passenger vehicles and two-wheelers, says equity research firm Emkay
- Centre finalises One District One Focus Product to promote in cluster approach
- A Mumbai-based EV startup launched the cheapest electric car with a 200 km range
- HP's worldwide shipments grow 5.6% in fourth quarter of 2020, says IDC