A California In-N-Out was shut down for refusing to check diners' vaccination status
- Health officials closed a California
In-N-Outstore after it violated a county vaccine mandate.
- The branch refused to check the vaccine status of people who wanted to eat inside, officials said.
Health officials shut down a
Officials closed the branch in Contra Costa County on Tuesday, saying the restaurant refused to check the vaccination status of people who wanted to eat inside.
In a statement, Contra Costa Environmental Health said the restaurant had been warned multiple times, and fined, The Hill reported.
"The Pleasant Hill In-N-Out location received four citations in recent weeks and fines totaling $1,750, all for the same health order violation, before today's action," it said Tuesday.
Arnie Wensinger, In-N-Out's chief legal and business officer, has supported restaurants as they challenge the mandates.
A separate In-N-Out location in Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco, was temporarily closed on October 14 for the same reason: not checking vaccination proof of indoor diners, as Insider's Kate Duffy previously reported.
Wensinger said in a statement after that closure that it shouldn't be staffers' role to check if people are vaccinated.
"We refuse to become the vaccination police for any government. It is unreasonable, invasive, and unsafe to force our restaurant Associates to segregate Customers into those who may be served and those who may not, whether based on the documentation they carry, or any other reason," he said at the time.
- Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says he's been able to get his money out of China, but investing in the country is still a 'dilemma' amid national security laws
- The Carnival cruise passenger who went overboard and remains missing was on his first cruise and it became his 'happy place,' his fiancée said
- The new Barbie movie used so much pink paint on set that it caused an international shortage, according to its production designer
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala