A California sheriff who refused to enforce the state's mask order now has COVID-19
Californiasheriff who refused to enforce the state's mandatory face mask order in June has now fallen sick with COVID-19. SacramentoCounty Sheriff Scott Jones tested positive on Tuesday, his department announced Wednesday.
- Jones previously refused to enforce Gov.
Gavin Newsom's June 17 mandatory mask order, citing the "the minor nature of the offense."
- Last month, Jones also said he would not enforce the 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. curfew announced by Newsom.
- There is abundant evidence that face masks greatly reduce the chance of spreading the
A California sheriff who refused to enforce the state's mandatory face mask order now has COVID-19, his department has said.
Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones tested positive on Tuesday following "workplace exposure to an employee that later tested positive," the department said in a statement Wednesday.
Jones hit headlines in June after he said he would not be enforcing for his city the mandatory mask order dispensed by Gov. Gavin Newsom of California on June 18.
In a statement posted to Facebook, Jones said it would be "inappropriate" to enforce the order given "the minor nature of the offense" and "the potential for negative outcomes during enforcement encounters."
While declining to enforce the rules, Jones had urged people to wear a mask.
On November 19, Jones reiterated his commitment to ignoring mask mandates after Newsom ordered a month-long 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. curfew for most Californian counties.
Jones wrote on Facebook that the department "will not be determining — including entering any home or business — compliance with, or enforcing compliance of, any
In Wednesday's press release, the Sacramento County Sheriff's department said Jones experienced mild symptoms "including a fever, congestion, light-handedness, and a headache" last Friday, but was feeling better as of Sunday.
Jones "is following the recommendations of health officials and will be quarantining," the department added.
"His entire immediate family has been tested and is awaiting results, and will also be quarantining."
There is abundant evidence that face masks greatly reduces the chances of spreading the coronavirus.
- Yasin Malik sentenced to life in terror funding case
- Apple could be looking to increase production in India but its geopolitical tension with China might hinder the process, says analyst
- To help fight water scarcity, a machine that produces drinking water from air has been launched in India
- Voltas records an unprecedented triple-digit growth in April '22
- Best moisturizers to keep skin soft and nourished
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Ambassador Electric Cars
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction