A Colorado woman risked her life to save 3 children, including a 6-year-old, after they fell into an icy pond near her home
Coloradowoman risked her life to save a group of kids who fell in an icy pond.
- Dusti Talavera saw three children fall into the water from her apartment window last Sunday.
A Colorado woman risked her life to save a group of kids after she spotted them fall into a 15-feet icy pond from her apartment window.
Dusti Talavera, 23, was looking out her window last Sunday afternoon when she saw four children walking on the pond when she witnessed three of them fall through, 9 News reported. She grabbed her shoes and immediately went to the pond to
"Before I even realized it, I was out there on the middle of the pond, pulling two kids out. And that's when I fell in the pond. For the third kid, I tried to hold her head up," she said referring to the 6-year-old who was in the deep water with her.
The child's 16-year-old cousin threw Talavera a rope and she was able to get herself and the little girl out of the freezing pond, the 9
Talavera added: "I'm thankful for that young man that threw the rope."
When local authorities arrived at the scene they discovered that the 6-year-old was unconscious, officials said, and Arapahoe County sheriff's deputies performed CPR. Body camera footage obtained by 9 News shows the heart-stopping moment first responders helped the child start breathing again.
South Metro Fire Rescue transported the girl to a local hospital for medical treatment and was in serious condition but is "expected to survive," officials confirmed at the press conference. Talavera was championed by local authorities for saving the children's lives.
"The fact that we had her witness these kids fall in there and her quick reaction to quickly put on some shoes and run out there and save the kids — putting her life at risk for the kids to make sure that they could make it another day is amazing," said Deputy Blaine Moulton.
- Yasin Malik sentenced to life in terror funding case
- Apple could be looking to increase production in India but its geopolitical tension with China might hinder the process, says analyst
- To help fight water scarcity, a machine that produces drinking water from air has been launched in India
- Voltas records an unprecedented triple-digit growth in April '22
- Best moisturizers to keep skin soft and nourished
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Ambassador Electric Cars
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction