A criminology professor was charged with setting part of the Sierra Nevada forest on fire
- A criminology professor has been charged with
arson, The New York Times reported on Friday.
- Gary Maynard currently awaits a hearing in a Sacramento jail, according to The Times.
View all Offers
- 72% OFF
boAt Xtend Smartwatch with Alexa Built-in, 1.69” HD Display, Multiple Watch Faces, Stress Monitor, Heart & SpO2 Monitoring, 14 Sports Modes, Sleep Monitor & 5 ATM Water Resistance(Pitch Black)₹ 2199₹ 2199Buy On
- 44% OFF
Lenovo Yoga Smart Tablet with The Google Assistant 25.65 cm (10.1 inch, 4GB, 64GB, WiFi + 4G LTE), Iron Grey₹ 19999₹ 19999Buy On
- 40% OFF
Samsung Duo Plus 64GB Type-C 300MB/s USB 3.1 Flash Drive (MUF-64DB)₹ 1385₹ 1385Buy On
- 34% OFF
Seagate Expansion 4TB Desktop External HDD - 8.89 cm (3.5 Inch) USB 3.0 for Windows and Mac with 3 yr Data Recovery Services, Portable Hard Drive (STKP4000400)₹ 7014₹ 7014Buy On
- 47% OFF
Lenovo Tab M10 HD 2nd Gen (25.65 cm (10.1 inch), 2 GB, 32 GB, Wi-Fi) with Metallic Body and Octa core Processor₹ 9999₹ 9999Buy On
Prosecutors say Gary Maynard, a criminology professor with a specialization in deviancy, drove up to Sierra Nevada and set a part of the forest on fire.
Maynard currently awaits a hearing in a Sacramento jail, The Times reported.
Arson is a major concern in California, where in recent years, massive wildfires have raged in the state. According to The Times, 10% of wildfires every year are set on purpose. Last year alone, the number of wildfires started by arson rose from 301 to 320.
Cal Fire, the state agency that fights and investigates fires, has arrested 103 people on arson charges so far this year and last year arrested 120.
- Microsoft's Activision Blizzard acquisition will boost its Metaverse plans
- Sony shares slump after Microsoft plans to buy largest game company
- NCLAT approves resolution plan for Odisha Slurry Pipeline Infra
- Netflix continues to bet big on Korean content, announces its biggest lineup ever of more than 25 shows
- Parle Products launches a series of ads for Hide & Seek to establish the brand's identity as an enabler of first-time conversations
- Mythology audiobooks
- Electric car Championship
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022