A French bus driver died after he was attacked by a group of passengers who refused to wear face masks
- A French bus driver declared brain dead after he was attacked by a group of unmasked passengers, according to his family.
- Phillipe Monguillot, 59, was attacked in the south-western city of Bayonne on Sunday after he asked three passengers who were boarding the bus to wear a mask and tried to check another man's ticket.
- Two men were charged with attempted murder on Sunday, while another two men were charged with failing to help a person in danger.
- It is mandatory to wear face masks on public transport in
A French bus driver has died after he was attacked by a group of passengers who refused to wear face masks, his family says.
Doctors declared Phillipe Monguillot, 59, brain dead in hospital on Friday, his daughter Marie told AFP. "We decided to let him go. The doctors were in favor and we were as well," she said.
Monguillot was assaulted in the city of Bayonne on Sunday after he asked three passengers who were boarding the bus to wear a mask and tried to check another man's ticket. It is mandatory to wear face masks on public transport in France.
Two men in their 20s were charged with attempted murder on Sunday, while another two men were charged with failing to help a person in danger. A fifth man was charged with attempting to hide a suspect.
The two men charged with attempted murder were previously known to police.
The mayor of Bayonne has condemned the attack as a "barbaric act" as thousands took to the streets on Wednesday in a silent march organized by Monguillot's family, departing from the bus stop where the assault took place.
Monguillot's colleagues used their right to refuse to work after the attack but will go back to work on Monday under reinforced security, according to the Guardian.
- Google’s birthday: Here's a look at the significant milestones in Google's 23-year history
- Aditya Birla AMC IPO’s grey market premium stands at ₹70 per share; up 10% from issue price band
- WATCH: "Someone said I am good enough to be a rickshaw puller," shares Freshworks CEO Girish Mathrubootham in a candid chat
- Take a deeper look at the meteoric rise of Glance that may have caught Mukesh Ambani’s eye
- Sensex down over 500 points; Power Grid Corp, NTPC, Coal India gain up to 5%
- International social media star Khaby Lame, who is known to charge $50,000 for one post on TikTok, has partnered with Dream11
- Sunil Kataria elected as the Chairman of The Indian Society of Advertisers for the sixth consecutive term
- Smoking likely to worsen the severity of COVID-19 and increase the chances of death from the infection, says study
- Freshworks IPO
- Paras Defence and Space IPO
- Volkswagen Taigun SUV
- Mukesh Ambani
- Apple iPhone 13
- Girish Mathrubootham
- ITC Share Price
- OnePlus Nord 2 smartphone
- Upcoming Movies in India
- New Smartphone in India
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma
- Paras Defence and Space IPO
- Covid 19 Virus
- Elon Musk
- Aditya Birla Sun Life
- KKR vs DC IPL