A livestream shows the leaking Florida reservoir with millions of gallons of toxic wastewater that officials are worried could collapse
- Video shows water streaming out of a reservoir containing toxic wastewater in
- Officials have ordered evacuations around the pond, which is at risk of "imminent" collapse.
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has issued a state of emergency.
A livestream shows an overhead shot of an old phosphate plant pond in the Tampa Bay area that's at risk of collapsing.
Florida state officials discovered the leak at the Piney Point reservoir, located near Tampa, on Friday.Officials said the 77-acre pond holds about 600 million gallons of water that contains phosphorus and nitrogen, as well as small amounts of radium and uranium, and that it's at risk of flooding nearby neighborhoods with polluted wastewater.
- Airtel's India business is back in the black after a very long time
- Sequoia and PayPal-backed Pine Labs completes a first close of $285 million funding round from new investors
- BJP spent significantly less on advertising during Kerala elections this year, its ad insertions on TV, Radio and Print decreased from 21% in 2016 to 1% in 2021
- Google I/O 2021: Here's what to expect from Google's biggest annual conference
- ISRO announces its decision to share technology to make portable medical oxygen concentrators developed by VSSC