A man suspected of killing 3 people forced a random woman to drive him 2,000 miles from Oregon to Wisconsin before turning himself in, police say
- Oen Evan Nicholson is suspected of killing three people, including his father.
- He found Laura Johnson at an
Oregonparking lot and made her drive him to Wisconsin, police said.
- He turned himself in Milwaukee, and he has since been charged, police said.
A man suspected of killing three people, including his father, forced a woman to drive him more than 2,000 miles before he turned himself in, the Associated Press reported, citing the police.
Oen Evan Nicholson found Laura Johnson, 34, in a parking lot in Springfield, Oregon, and forced her to drive him to Wisconsin, police said, according to the AP. She was returning from her lunch break when he found her, the report said.
Johnson was forced to drive 33 hours, and she was able to talk Nicholson into turning himself into the police, her father Dennis Johnson told KEZI-TV.
Police said that he then gave himself up in Milwaukee, but did not give any more details about how he did so, the AP reported.
Johnson was found safe and was returning to Oregon, the AP said.
Nicholson was charged with first-degree murder over the
The younger Nicholson was also charged with first-degree murder after being suspected of fatally hitting Anthony Oyster, 74, with a car and of shooting Jennifer L. Davidson, 47, at a marijuana dispensary in North Bend, Oregon, police said according to the AP.
Nicholson was also charged with first-degree assault and failing to help a person injured in a traffic accident after a second person was critically injured by the car.
- An overlooked group of borrowers will be hit hard as student loan repayments resume, former Fed economist says
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Robin Williams' daughter says she finds AI recreations of her father's voice 'personally disturbing'
- Survey shows people find no improvement in public toilets across country
- Sebi extends deadline for listed cos to confirm or deny market rumours
- Tom Hanks, a dental plan promotion and an AI
- New 'inverse vaccine' shows potential to treat multiple sclerosis, diabetes: Study
- TDP leaders stage hunger strike In Delhi against arrest of Chandrababu Naidu