A New Jersey man filmed the stunning moment a tornado hit his home and captured the devastation in the moments following the storm
- A tornado ripped through Mullica Hill,
New Jersey, last week as Hurricane Idaswept the Northeast.
- A nearby resident posted a video on Facebook capturing the moment a tornado hit his house.
- The video shows how quickly and thoroughly a tornado can wreck a home.
Mark Kobylinski, a resident of Pitman, about 5 miles east of Mullica Hill, happened to film a three-minute Facebook video of showing the before and after of a tornado that blew past his house.
In less than a minute, the storm caused thousands of dollars in damage.
"Incredible damage," he wrote in his post. "Our neighborhood has been devastated but everyone is safe!"
Kobylinski, who appeared to be home alone, took shelter with his dog in his basement while the tornado hit his neighborhood. When he emerged from his basement - less than a minute later - his house had been severely damaged.
These photos show the sheer force of the devastation. As Kobylinski surveys his yard, it's easy to see pieces of stray siding littering the area.
You can also see that the house across the street, which was moments earlier intact, has now had some of its exterior paneling ripped off.
"Holy shit," Kobylinski said breathlessly as he took in the destruction.
One of the windows in Kobylinski's living room shattered.
The EF-3 tornado that hit Mullica Hill was one of seven tornados that swept New Jersey. It obliterated several homes in Mullica Hill neighborhoods and nearly destroyed one of the state's largest dairy farms, ripping apart silos and trapping hundreds of cows.
At least 25 people have died in New Jersey in the tragic aftermath of Hurricane Ida, many of whom perished in their cars while stuck in flash floods.
Kobylinski did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
- Xiaomi Pad 5 Review - Is it best Android alternate to iPad Air?
- Mayhem Studios announces a new battle royale game with locations, gangs and other elements depicting India
- Technique used to track ants’ movement might soon help scientists in measuring snow depth from space
- Three senior Twitter employees quit amid ongoing Musk-Agrawal internet war
- Indian CEOs could get the best salary hike in 5 years; and they already make ₹7 crore/yr on an average
- Delhivery IPO
- Reliance Retail
- Indian Rupee
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Disney+hotstar Subscribers
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Matheesha Pathirana
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction