A reporter asked Trump if he'd pardon Joe Exotic from 'Tiger King' and Trump said he'd look into it
- President Donald Trump joked at his Wednesday press briefing that he would "take a look" at pardoning Joe Exotic from Netflix's "Tiger King."
- The now-famous zookeeper is serving 22 years in prison after a federal jury convicted him of wildlife crimes and hatching a murder-for-hire plot against his rival Carole Baskin.
- He previously asked the president for a pardon.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
President Donald Trump said he'd look into pardoning Joe Exotic from the Netflix series "Tiger King" after a reporter asked him at a press conference on Wednesday.Joseph Maldonado-Passage, known as "Joe Exotic," who is the star of the popular docuseries, is serving a 22-year prison sentence after a jury convicted him of hiring a hitman to murder animal-rights activist Carole Baskin.
Maldonado-Passage has denied the charges against him and believes he was unfairly convicted. He has requested a pardon from Trump, according to The Daily Beast.On Wednesday, when the reporter mentioned that one of the president's sons joked about lobbying him to pardon the zookeeper, Trump replied with: "Which son? Must be Don - what did he do?"
Donald Trump Jr. seemed to find the exchange between his dad and the reporter "hilarious."But the president said he wasn't well-versed on Joe Exotic's conviction, saying, "I know nothing about it...he has 22 years for what? What did he do?" The president then asked the reporter and others in the room if they thought Joe Exotic should be pardoned.
"Are you on his side? Are you recommending a pardon?" he asked. "I'll take a look."
Do you have a personal experience with the coronavirus you'd like to share? Or a tip on how your town or community is handling the pandemic? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us your story.And get the latest coronavirus analysis and research from Business Insider Intelligence on how COVID-19 is impacting businesses.
A reporter just asked if Trump would pardon Joe Exotic from Tiger King and Trump said, "I will take a look." pic.twitter.com/f0c0R8QmDy- Caleb Hull (@CalebJHull) April 8, 2020
- Simply put, Airtel says all it now needs is spectrum to deliver 5G services at a speed of up to 900 Mbps
- India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi may just have signalled a big allocation for defence equipment manufacturing, 3 days before the budget
- Haryana government extends suspension of mobile internet services in Sonipat, Jhajjar and Palwal till Friday
- Sourav Ganguly undergoes fresh angioplasty, two more stents implanted
- Google India to simplify Play Store policies for games people play on apps