A semitruck drove through a crowd celebrating the conviction of Derek Chauvin in Minneapolis. It's unclear if anyone was hurt.
- A semitruck drove through a crowd in Minneapolis as people celebrated Derek Chauvin's murder conviction.
- It's unclear if anyone was hurt.
- Video of the incident shows people surrounding the truck after it drove into the crowd.
A truck appeared to drive through a crowd of people in Minneapolis celebrating Derek Chauvin's guilty verdict in George Floyd's death on Tuesday.
Video of the incident, posted by journalists Grace Morgan and Samantha Hendrickson, shows the truck quickly being surrounded by people as it turned into the crowd. Some demonstrators bang on the windows of the truck.
The truck blares its horn and continues to move forward, with members of the crowd scattering out of the way.
It's not immediately clear if anyone was hurt during the confrontation.
-Grace Morgan (@gravemorgan) April 20, 2021
Chauvin was found guilty of second-degree unintentional murder, third-degree murder, and second-degree manslaughter in Floyd's murder.
Chauvin killed Floyd after kneeling on the back of his neck for over nine minutes. Video footage from the arrest showed Floyd saying he couldn't breathe multiple times.
- K'taka Assembly passes supplementary budget of Rs 10,265 crore
- Sports NFT platforms have racked up nearly $1 billion in funding this week alone, despite market slump
- COVID-19 virus likely to get weaker and become a common cold, says Oxford-AstraZeneca vax creator
- Best teether for growing baby in India
- TiE Delhi-NCR kickstarts the 10th Edition of India Internet Day themed Digital India: Escape Velocity