A Silicon Valley city will use lasers and a boombox to try and scare away crows after other methods failed
- Sunnyvale, CA plans to use
lasersto scare away crowsthat have been hanging out in its downtown.
- The city has tried other dispersal strategies in the past, all of which failed.
The city is experimenting with giving $20 lasers to
"We tried multiple things in the past," Sunnyvale's Mayor Larry Klein told ABC 7 News. "We've had falcons. We've put reflectors in our trees, and nothing seems to help."
Using lasers as a tool to disperse birds can be an effective tactic for driving away certain species, according to a 2016 US Department of Agriculture report.
But the Santa Clara Valley chapter of the Audubon Society has pushed back against the practice, telling NBC Bay Area News that it believed the use of lasers could harm the birds' vision.
Whether the city's laser strategy will prove effective at keeping crows away from its downtown long term is unknown, as previous attempts to "haze" crows in other cities have required repeating the practice regularly.
In the short term, residents of Sunnyvale are coming up with their own solutions to avoid getting defecated on. One resident told ABC 7
Home to the offices of some of
- TCS, Wipro & Infosys saw a massive selloff after Walmart & Target’s revenues fell — explaining the domino effect
- Flipkart claims to be the second biggest ‘buy now, pay later’ player ahead of Paytm, Amazon
- Avantha Group promoter denied interim bail on his arrest for alleged misuse of ₹515 crore loan
- Zoho's ManageEngine to hire 1,000 people this year as part of expansion plans
- Goa has the highest car ownership in India, check out the states with highest and lowest car ownership
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Indian Rupee
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Disney+hotstar Subscribers
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Matheesha Pathirana
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction