A Tesla employee has been arrested in connection to the fatal shooting of a co-worker at the company's Fremont, CA, factory: police
- 29-year-old Anthony Solima was arrested in connection with the
shootingdeath of a Teslafactory co-worker.
- The victim, who has not yet been identified, had just finished a shift at the factory when he was shot.
A Tesla employee has been arrested in connection with the shooting death of a co-worker at the company's Fremont, California, factory site, police said on Tuesday.
The victim, whose name has yet to be released by authorities, had just finished a shift at the factory on Monday and was shot in the parking lot as he left, the Fremont Police Department said in its statement.
"Detectives learned that the victim and suspect had been arguing earlier in the day, and that the suspect had suddenly walked off the job," the police said.
Police initially classified the incident as a suspicious death but later ruled it a homicide.
On Tuesday, police named 29-year-old Anthony Solima, of Milpitas, California, as a suspect in the case. At the time of his arrest he was found with a loaded short-barrel rifle and an expended casing, according to authorities.
More than 10,000 employees work at Tesla's
Tesla did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
- Budget to aid flagging affordable home segment, boosts demand with infra push
- BYJU's slashes over 1,000 jobs, mostly from its engineering teams
- Budget 2023-24: Positive for infra and credit growth
- Budget 2023-24: Continued focus on infra to enable growth, create jobs & enhance quality of life
- Budget 2023 proposes 20% TCS on foreign expenses under LRS