A video of bride posing in her wedding dress captured the moment a massive explosion tore through Beirut
- A video of a bride posing on her wedding day captured the moment an explosion ripped through Beirut on Tuesday.
- In the video, Dr. Israa Seblani is smiling in her wedding gown before a blast throws her backward.
- The camera captures the buildings in the square before and after they were damaged in the blast.
A video taken of a bride posing in her wedding dress Tuesday captures the moment a devastating explosion tore through the city of Beirut, Lebanon, Reuters reported.
Dr. Israa Seblani was seen posing in her white floor-length gown as a camera panned her dress and the square where she was standing.
Within seconds, the explosion can be heard and then seen as Seblani and her bouquet are blown backward.
—Reuters (@Reuters) August 5, 2020
The bride is led away and the camera held by Mahmoud Nakib shows buildings in the square that had been damaged in the explosion, according to Reuters, which obtained the video.
The explosion left at least 100 people dead and injured more than 4,000.
Lebanese Prime Minister Hassan Diab said the blast was caused by the ignition of more than 2,750 metric tons of ammonium nitrate stored insecurely at a warehouse, but the exact cause of the blast is under investigation.
A search for survivors continues Wednesday.
- Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
- Bank FDs will draw down from mutual funds if interest rates go up to 7.5-8%, says report
- Best smartphones under ₹40,000 in India
- Are we worse off than we were in 2008? Foreign investors seem to think so
- MSMEs run on promoter’s savings and need insurance as much as other businesses