A Virginia Home Depot employee died after getting trapped under a forklift at work, police say
- A Virginia man died in a workplace
accidentat a Home Depoton Tuesday.
- Paul Gato was unloading supplies when the forklift fell and trapped him, police said.
A Woodbridge, Virginia, man died last week following a workplace accident in which he became trapped under a forklift, according to police.
The incident happened at a Home Depot location shortly after midnight on Tuesday, November 23, according to Fairfax County Police news release.
First responders discovered the man, identified as 43-year-old Paul Gato, under the forklift and was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
"Preliminary, detectives determined Gato was operating the forklift unloading supplies from a delivery truck when the forklift fell, trapping Gato," the
An investigating is ongoing, according to police, and the medical examiner will conduct an autopsy to "determine the cause of death." The news release also said that police do not suspect criminal activity in this case.
Margaret Smith, a Home Depot spokesperson, told PEOPLE that the company is "heartbroken by the loss of our friend" and described Gato as a "happy, friendly and caring person."
In an interview with WUSA 9, Oral Ofori, a longtime friend of Gato, said that he moved to the US nearly a decade ago to pursue opportunities to support his family in Ghana.
"Even before his cup is full, he's helping people here," Ofori told the outlet. "He was a huge-hearted person, very positive minded person, very giving and very nurturing."
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- DOJ officials were alarmed by surveillance footage of the Mar-a-Lago room where classified info was being stored, report says
- Meet Judge Bruce Reinhart the magistrate who approved the FBI search warrant into Trump's Mar-a-Lago home receiving threats from MAGA supporters
- Unlike millennials, GenZ employees don’t want to quit but want fewer working hours
- IIT Bombay and JSW Group to establish a technology hub for steel manufacturing
- Realme 9i 5G Review - 5G Upgrade With Cosmetic Changes
- Top 5 automatic cars under ₹10 lakh in India
- India's demand for the yellow metal rises 43% in Q2: World Gold Council