Actor Will Smith was spotted in India in first sighting since controversial Oscars slap, according to reports
- Actor Will Smith was spotted in Mumbai, India, on Saturday.
- It is reported his first public sighting since the 2022 Oscars slapping incident.
Will Smith was spotted on Saturday in Mumbai, India, in his first public sighting since the controversial 2022 Oscars slap, E! News reported.
Photos obtained by Page Six captures the actor smiling as he exits a vehicle. It is not immediately clear why Smith is in India at this time.
—Page Six (@PageSix) April 23, 2022
It comes nearly a month after he hit comedian Chris Rock during the live broadcast of the award show on March 27 following he made a joke about his wife, Jada Pinkett Smith's bald head. Pinkett Smith has been open about her experience with alopecia, an autoimmune disease that triggers hair loss.
During his acceptance speech for best actor for "King Richard," Smith apologized to the Academy Awards and later to Rock for his actions. Smith has since been banned from attending the Oscars for 10 years, a decision that he said he accepted.
"I accept and respect the Academy's decision," Smith previously said in a statement to CNN.
Rock has yet to go in-depth about what happened that night, but he previously told fans during his stand-up shows that he is still "processing what happened," and he won't speak on it "until I get paid."
Earlier this week, Pinkett Smith said that the incident would be addressed on "Red Table Talk" when the time is right.
"Considering all that has happened in the last few weeks, the Smith family has been focusing on deep healing," Pinkett Smith said in a title card note included in the "RTT" premiere on Wednesday. "Some of the discoveries around our healing will be shared at the table when the time calls."
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A boomer grandma advises on how to set boundaries with millennial kids when it comes to babysitting
- India's best relaxing holiday spots for peaceful retreats
- Inter-ministerial approval board can permit demarcation of non-processing area under IT sector SEZs
- Winter wellness: 10 Amla recipes to embrace this season
- ‘Confident’ Indians might splurge on big-ticket items in 2024
- Tata Power stock zooms ahead after brokerage on upgrade