An 11-year-old girl was the only survivor of a commercial plane crash that killed four in Michigan
- A plane crashed on Saturday on an island in Lake Michigan, killing four of the five people on board.
- Two people were transported to a nearby hospital via helicopter by the U.S. Coast Guard.
An 11-year-old girl was the sole survivor of a plane crash in Michigan that killed four people.
The crash happened at approximately 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, according to the Petoskey News-Review.
The victims include the pilot, who remains unidentified, and passengers Kate Leese, Adam Kendall, and Mike Perdue, according to the Detroit News. The passengers were pronounced dead at the scene.
Perdue's 11-year-old daughter and the pilot were flown to McClaren Northern Michigan Hospital by members of the U.S. Coast Guard, who were conducting training when they received an emergency transmission from the island, according to the News-Review.
"We really just happened upon it and helped transport them to the mainland from Beaver Island," Petty Officer Brian McCrum told Insider.
McCrum referred Insider to the local authorities for additional comments. The Charlevoix County Sheriff's Office confirmed to Insider that they assisted in emergency response efforts.
Chest compressions were performed on the girl en route to the hospital, according to a tweet from the Coast Guard.
-USCG Great Lakes (@USCGGreatLakes) November 13, 2021
The girl, identified by ABC News as Laney Perdue, remembers her father protecting her as the plane crashed.
"It's her last memory before the crash," Christina Perdue, the girl's mother, told ABC News. "We are heartbroken with the loss of my husband, a father, brother, son and friend. He gave the best bear hugs, and I believe he grabbed our daughter and protected her."
- Best ad-free games for iPhones
- Jeep Meridian SUV launched in India – price, features and everything you need to know
- Navjot Singh Sidhu’s road rage case — looking back at the 34 year old timeline
- TCS, Wipro & Infosys saw a massive selloff after Walmart & Target’s revenues fell — explaining the domino effect
- Flipkart claims to be the second biggest ‘buy now, pay later’ player ahead of Paytm, Amazon
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Indian Rupee
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Disney+hotstar Subscribers
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Matheesha Pathirana
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction