An 11-year-old girl was the only survivor of a commercial plane crash that killed four in Michigan
- A plane crashed on Saturday on an island in Lake Michigan, killing four of the five people on board.
- Two people were transported to a nearby hospital via helicopter by the U.S. Coast Guard.
An 11-year-old girl was the sole survivor of a plane crash in Michigan that killed four people.
The crash happened at approximately 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, according to the Petoskey News-Review.
The victims include the pilot, who remains unidentified, and passengers Kate Leese, Adam Kendall, and Mike Perdue, according to the Detroit News. The passengers were pronounced dead at the scene.
Perdue's 11-year-old daughter and the pilot were flown to McClaren Northern Michigan Hospital by members of the U.S. Coast Guard, who were conducting training when they received an emergency transmission from the island, according to the News-Review.
"We really just happened upon it and helped transport them to the mainland from Beaver Island," Petty Officer Brian McCrum told Insider.
McCrum referred Insider to the local authorities for additional comments. The Charlevoix County Sheriff's Office confirmed to Insider that they assisted in emergency response efforts.
Chest compressions were performed on the girl en route to the hospital, according to a tweet from the Coast Guard.
-USCG Great Lakes (@USCGGreatLakes) November 13, 2021
The girl, identified by ABC News as Laney Perdue, remembers her father protecting her as the plane crashed.
"It's her last memory before the crash," Christina Perdue, the girl's mother, told ABC News. "We are heartbroken with the loss of my husband, a father, brother, son and friend. He gave the best bear hugs, and I believe he grabbed our daughter and protected her."
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- Overlapping symptoms of dengue, Covid-19 confusing in many cases, say doctors
- Sterlite Technologies launches optical solution for 5G rollout
- NASA pushes back Artemis I Moon mission launch to November
- Auto sales jump in September: Maruti reports over a 100% jump in volumes
- India to add 80 airports in next 4-5 years; new rules for aerodromes
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World