An Ohio sheriff's deputy who fatally shot a Black man is retiring from the force
Ohiodeputy Jason Meade, who fatally shot Casey Goodson, is retiring.
- Meade is accused of shooting Goodson 5 times in the back in Columbus last year.
- The deadly shooting is still being investigated.
A sheriff's deputy in Ohio who fatally shot 23-year-old Casey Goodson Jr. is retiring.
The Franklin County Sheriff's Office told WSYX that Deputy Jason Meade would be retiring with disability on July 2.
"Law Enforcement disability decisions are governed by state law and made by the pension system," Sheriff Dallas Baldwin told WSYX. "As sheriff, I have no control or input over what the pension system decides with this or any other disability case."
Meade has been on leave since fatally shooting Goodson while he walking into the front door of his grandmother's home in Columbus, Ohio, on December 4.
The Franklin County Coroner's Office determined in March that Goodson had been shot five times in the back, the Associated Press reported at the time. Goodson's
The shooting is still being investigated.
- Bahamas, Taiwan, Malta & more: Here are 10 countries offering digital nomad visa
- Maruti Suzuki cars will get costlier from January 2023
- Paytm’s optimistic growth projections boost sentiments, shares climb nearly 8%
- India stands like oasis in era of uncertainty amid global inflation, says SBI Research
- Personal loans fintech platform KreditBee raises $80 million in Series-D investment round
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World