Another monolith has popped up outside a candy shop in Pittsburgh - but this one isn't at all mysterious
- A 10-foot-tall metallic
monolithappeared outside a candy shop in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvaniaon Thursday.
- It was put there by the candy shop's owner, who used it as a marketing tool inspired by three similar-looking monoliths which have been appearing and disappearing since mid-November.
- "Hopefully, it's a reminder to support small, local businesses that have been so badly hit," the shop's owner said.
A fourth metallic monolith has sprung up outside a candy shop in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
But unlike the other metallic structures which have popped up and vanished with no explanation, the reason for this monolith appearing is pretty pedestrian.
The candy shop owner outside of which the monolith is placed made it a marketing ploy.
Christopher Beers, owner of Grandpa Joe's Candy Shop, got a friend to make the 10-foot-tall monolith made of sheet metal over plywood.
"There is a
Beers was intrigued by the
Utah state officials stumbled upon the first monolith in the middle of the desert on November 18. A second monolith was found in the Romanian countryside on November 27, the same day the Utah one vanished. The most recent monolith appeared on a mountain in California on December 2, a day after the Romanian monolith also vanished.
Grandpa Joe's Candy Shop Facebook page first shared news of its own less mysterious monolith on Thursday, December 3, with a 30-minute video.
In a post on Friday, the shop said: "come see the Monolith before it mysteriously disappears!"
"Isn't it fun to have something to talk about besides the pandemic?" Beers asked Reuters.
- Airlines can now operate 85% of pre-Covid domestic flights, says Aviation Ministry
- Yes Bank-DHFL case: No sympathy, says court, Rana Kapoor's wife, daughters remanded to judicial custody
- Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh resigns amid ongoing turmoil in Congress
- Future of Work 2021: Work from home is here now, but people demand some physical sense at work
- Deadline for PAN-Aadhaar linkage extended till March 2022