At least 3 people injured in a pedestrian bridge collapse in Washington, DC
- A pedestrian
bridgecollapsed on to Interstate 295 in Washington, DC, on Wednesday.
- At least three people were injured in the incident.
- It remains unclear what caused the bridge to collapse.
At least three people were injured on Wednesday when a pedestrian bridge collapsed on to a highway in Washington, DC, NBC 12 reported.
All lanes of Interstate 295 were blocked off in the Kenilworth neighborhood of Washington, DC, due to the collapse, Metropolitan Area Transportation Operations Coordination (MATOC) said on Twitter.
Firefighters told NBC 12 that no cars were under the bridge when it collapsed and no one was trapped by the rubble.
It remains unclear what caused the bridge to collapse, and if the people injured were pedestrians or in vehicles.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- Pathan, Liger, Godfather: Here’s a list of forthcoming movie releases that will decide the fate of the multiplexes
- Taj Mahal continues to lose its sheen due to pollution in the Yamuna and industrial emissions
- ICICI Bank market-cap hits ₹6 lakh crore as its stock rises to a record high
- Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger weakening Vodafone Idea further, say analysts
- Foreign investors pour over Rs 12,000 cr in Indian equity in last 10 days