Bernard Arnault, owner of Louis Vuitton, beats Jeff Bezos; becomes the richest man in the world
Bernard Arnaultand family, have become the world’s richest beating Jeff Bezos -- owner of the biggest online retail platform Amazon, according to Forbes.
- Arnault spent $538 million dollars in recent months acquiring shares of his own French label brand controlled by him and his family.
- The fashion conglomerate recorded a revenue of €44.7 billion in 2020, downfall in sales growth by 17%.
Arnault spent $538 million dollars in recent months acquiring shares of his own French label brand controlled by him and his family. He had overtaken the world’s second richest person Elon Musk -- SpaceX and Tesla owner, after reporting a first quarter revenue of €14 billion in 2021, which surged by 32% as compared to first quarter of 2020.
Also, in January 2021, LVMH made the largest luxury fashion business deal by acquiring America’s largest jewellery maker Tiffany & Co. for $15.8 million.
The fashion conglomerate recorded a revenue of €44.7 billion in 2020, downfall in sales growth by 17%. The fashion group also witnessed a decline in organic revenue by 16% in 2020, as compared to 2019 due to the serious health crisis which resulted in closure of the group’s stores and manufacturing sites in most countries over a period of several months.
The world’s ultimate taste-maker oversees an empire of 70 brands including Louis Vuitton, Sephora, Tiffany & Co, Stella McCartney, Gucci, Christian Dior, Givenchy which are independently managed and operated under the LVMH umbrella.
Cyclone Yaas may have a shorter lifespan than Amphan, but that doesn’t mean it will be any less destructive
The number of working women in India has been steadily declining, here’s why
Esper, an Android-based development platform, raises $30 million as pandemic accelerates adoption of intelligent devices
Popular on BI
- Ethereum may offer the best returns, but investors have been pulling away over the last two weeks
- Google starts starts testing new safety section for apps, feature to go live in February 2022
- Horlicks and Boost maker HUL sees slowdown in food segment in the last three months
- Researchers develop AI-based algorithm that can detect unseen signs of heart failure
- Zoho adds features that can turn a video call into remote assistance for repairing cars, appliances and more
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons