Biden campaign is 'taking every single precaution' following Trump's COVID-19 diagnosis, adviser says
- Symone Sanders, the Senior campaign adviser for Joe Biden said his team is "taking every single precaution" following the presidential debate with President Donald Trump and his positive COVID-19 diagnosis.
- Sanders said the Democratic presidential nominee will be "tested regularly" as he continues to travel on the campaign trail.
- Joe Biden, his wife, and California Sen. Kamala Harris tested negative for coronavirus on Friday.
Senior campaign advisor for Joe Biden, Symone Sanders, said Joe Biden's campaign has been "taking every single precaution" as he continues travels around the country.
President Donald Trump's positive COVID-19 diagnosis raised concerns if the Democratic nominee contracted the virus following their first debate— where both candidates were socially distanced from one another on stage without face masks—on Tuesday night.
Biden, his wife, and his running mate, California Sen. Kamala Harris, tested negative on Friday.
CNN's Jake Tapper asked the senior campaign advisor if Joe Biden was being tested every day after sharing the stage with Trump earlier this week.
"Shouldn't he be tested every day?" Tapper asked. "I mean, he was in a room ... with Donald Trump, who, in all probability, had coronavirus at the time. And we don't know if he was contagious at that time or not, but he certainly has the virus now."
"Well, Jake, we are being tested regularly," Sanders said. "And Vice President Biden, Dr. Biden, Senator Harris, Mr. Emhoff, and our staff have also tested regularly. And we're going to continue to adhere to public health guidelines."
—State of the Union (@CNNSotu) October 4, 2020
Sanders said on CNN's State of the Union on Sunday that Biden's traveling staff have also tested negative for the virus.
"We have been adhering to public health guidance from the beginning of this onset of this pandemic," Sanders said, who added that Biden will be tested for coronavirus before traveling this week.
"We're adhering to CDC guidance. We are listening to the public health experts. And we are taking every single precaution. Our staff are wearing masks and are social distancing everywhere, on planes, in cars, inside events, outside events," Sanders said.
On Friday, Trump's campaign manager said that in-person gatherings are halted and will shift to virtual events or are postponed. Vice President Mike Pence will continue on the campaign trail.
One of Trump's senior advisers, Jason Miller, criticized Biden's coronavirus safety measures on Sunday, saying, "We can't all just stay in our basement for the rest of our lives."
- Indian markets open the week on a mixed note – SBI, Maruti Suzuki, Inox Green Energy among stocks in focus
- Canada overwhelmed with 'tridemic' of Covid-19, flu and respiratory syncytial virus
- This Mumbai startup is making tearable laundry sheets, bamboo-based facial tissues and more to replace plastic
- With an eye on listing in the future, Jio Haptik trains guns on growth & profitability
- Govt approves PLI scheme for making drones with outlay of Rs 120 cr, comes out with norms
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World