Black Friday is coming - here are the 5 best things to buy and 6 things you should skip
- Black Friday is one of the biggest shopping days of the year.
- We interviewed experts to find out what to buy on Black Friday and what you should avoid.
- You should buy TVs, gaming consoles, video games, kitchen appliances, and smart home tech.
- Deals on clothing, toys, Apple devices, and furniture are usually not worth it.
- You can also check out all our deal coverage for Black Friday 2019 on Insider Picks, as well as our Coupons page.
Some stores have already released their deals, while others are maintaining the mystery. But you can be sure that your favorite outlets, from Amazon to Walmart to Target to Best Buy, will be offering some form of discount on just about any product you can think of. You might be tempted to grab the first deals you see or to buy anything you can get your hands on.But be careful: Not all deals are created equal. You'll get great value for your money on certain products - but some tend to see better discounts at other times of the year. If you go in knowing what you're looking for, you're less likely to be ripped off by a fancy-looking coupon or to spend money on products you don't need.
To help you get started, we asked shopping experts for the best (and worst) products to buy on Black Friday 2019.
Here's what to buy on Black Friday 2019:
- Smart home devices
- Gaming consoles
- Video games
- Kitchen appliances
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Buy it: TVs
Buy it: Smart home devices
Buy it: Consoles
Buy it: Video games
Buy it: Kitchen appliances
Here's what to avoid on Black Friday:
Skip it: Lingerie
Skip it: Apple products
Skip it: Clothing
Skip it: Smartphones
Skip it: Toys
Skip it: Furniture
- Google rolls out Android 12 developer preview 1.1 to address bugs and issues
- IPL to start on April 9 and final to be held on May 30, says BCCI
- Xiaomi patents new foldable smartphone
- Top 10 richest people in Canada according to Forbes as of March 7, 2021
- Global market for desktops, notebooks and tablets to grow 8% in 2021, says new report