Both Beyoncé and her mom rush to defend Meghan Markle following her Oprah interview
- Both Beyoncé and her mother, Tina Knowles-Lawson, went on the offensive for Meghan Markle.
- The superstar issued a note on her website praising Markle for her "strength and leadership."
- Knowles-Lawson took Piers Morgan to task for his attacks on Markle over Instagram.
Beyoncé and her mother, Tina Knowles-Lawson, both came to the defense of Meghan Markle following her bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey on Sunday night.
On Tuesday, Beyoncé posted a tribute to Markle on her website, thanking her for her "courage and leadership."
"We are all strengthened and inspired by you," the post continued.
Markle and Prince Harry met Beyoncé and Jay-Z at the European premiere of "The Lion King" in 2019.
Beyoncé's mother, Tina Knowles-Lawson, was particularly angered by the reaction of British talk personality Piers Morgan, who stormed off the set of the show "Good Morning Britain" yesterday after being upbraided by his co-star for his comments about Markle.
On Monday's episode of the show, Morgan launched several histrionic attacks on Markle, saying he was "sickened" by the interview and "angry to the point of falling over."
His co-star, Alex Beresford, called Morgan's comments "pathetic" and "diabolical."
Beresford took aim at Morgan's seemingly very personal attacks on Markle following her Winfrey interview.
"I understand that you don't like Meghan Markle - you've made that so clear a number of times on this program," Beresford said. "I understand that you've got a personal relationship with Meghan Markle or had one and she cut you off. She's entitled to cut you off if she wants to. Has she said anything about you since she cut you off? I don't think she has, but yet you continue to trash her."
Beresford was referring to Morgan's claim that he was "ghosted" by Markle on the same night she met Prince Harry, an incident Morgan discussed on "The Late Show."
-samurai jack (@thaunfriendly1) March 9, 2021
Morgan then stormed off the stage, saying "I'm done with this. Sorry. You can trash me, mate, but not on my own show. See you later, can't do this."
"So Piers Morgan stormed off because he can dish it out but he can't take It!!!!" Knowles-Lawson wrote on Instagram.
"Is he 5 years old or what!!!!!!!" she continued.
"No concern for Archie whatsoever!!! Looks to me like he's saying: 'How dare this black man reprimand me. On national tv. Only I can do that. I can drag Meghan But you cannot call me out!!!'"
"Morgan has always felt superior White and British at that !!! !!! He has always felt his White privilege !!
He is showing his true colors literally!!!! They better not come for Alex for telling the truth!!!!!" she added.
Morgan quit "Good Morning Britain" on Tuesday after the show received more than 40,000 complaints about his comments.
- Sennheiser Profile USB Streaming Set review: The go-to microphone for those starting their streaming or podcasting journey
- LIC to Wipro and Vodafone Idea: Stocks which hit a new 52-week low today
- Project Tiger to complete 50 years of tiger conservation next month
- Early-stage startups keen on hiring for mid and junior roles, says a FICCI survey
- SEBI recovers dues worth ₹6.57 crore from Sahara Group firms, Subrata Roy & others