Chris Cuomo did his CNN show from his basement after being diagnosed with the coronavirus, and urged everybody else to stay inside
- CNN anchor Chris Cuomo hosted his show from his basement on Tuesday, after testing positive for the coronavirus.
- Cuomo said on his show that he feels "fine," but is "pissed off" that he can't be there for his family.
- Cuomo is the brother of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo. During a Tuesday press conference, the governor praised his "sweet and beautiful" brother, who he called his "best friend."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
During his first show since testing positive for the coronavirus, CNN anchor Chris Cuomo said he feels "fine" but is "pissed off" that he can't be with his family.
He anchored his show, "Cuomo Prime Time," from his basement on Tuesday night, where he is self-isolating from his family.
The show came just a few hours after Cuomo announced he had tested positive for COVID-19.
Watch the first 10 minutes of the episode below:
During his show, Cuomo said he hopes the fact that he caught the virus will teach everyone that they are vulnerable, and should stay inside to stop the spread of the disease.
"Use my example as proof you can get it, too," he said. "I feel fine, I'm able to do the show, but you do not want this."
More than anything, Cuomo said he was most concerned about whether he might have gotten his wife and children sick. So far, they haven't displayed symptoms.
"I tested positive. Scary, yes, as you might imagine. But better me than you," he said. "My concern is what I may have put on my family, just like you would. That is hurting me way more than anything the virus can do."
He added later: "I don't know if the tightness in my chest is a function of the virus, or because I'm so pissed off at myself that I'm not able to take care of what I'm supposed to take care of, and I want people to avoid that."
In the first part of his show, Cuomo had Dr. Sanjay Gupta on to discuss the outbreak. The anchor prompted some concern from Gupta over feeling a pressure in his chest.
"Tightness in the chest, especially if it's getting worse, those are things I worry about ... those are things that should take you to the doctor," Gupta said.
"Most people aren't going to need it, Chris, but I want to make sure - especially given that you just mentioned this tightness in your chest - that we leave people with the right impression that there are situations that need to get checked out."
Cuomo remained optimistic, saying he didn't want to take up too much of the doctor's time. Earlier in the show, he said that he felt "hesitant" to talk about his experience because he knows there are many people suffering more than him.
Cuomo is the brother of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who has been lauded for his leadership during the coronavirus crisis. At an afternoon press conference on Tuesday, Gov. Cuomo praised his "sweet and beautiful" brother, who he called his "best friend."
Do you have a personal experience with the coronavirus you'd like to share? Or a tip on how your town or community is handling the pandemic? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us your story.
And get the latest coronavirus analysis and research from Business Insider Intelligence on how COVID-19 is impacting businesses.
NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo says his brother, Chris Cuomo, was tested positive with coronavirus:- CBS News (@CBSNews) March 31, 2020
"He's a really sweet, beautiful guy, and he is my best friend" https://t.co/GhuTW6b2DC pic.twitter.com/BnBNBWeJ0m
- Saline groundwater in Sundarbans makes people buy drinking water, quit farming
- Adani Enterprises, Mindtree, L&T Infotech among 10 most consistent wealth creators in 2017-2022: Motilal Oswal
- Pottery Barn signs Deepika Padukone as its brand ambassador
- Snapdeal drops ₹1,250 crore IPO plan citing 'prevailing market conditions'
- Festive baton shifts to Great Indian Wedding Season, November registers best-ever auto sales, except March 2020: FADA
- Realme10 Pro Plus Mobile
- Gig jobs
- Sula Vineyards IPO
- Whatsapp tips
- International Roaming Plans
- RBI hikes repo rate
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Most searched movies
- Adani Enterprises
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World