Claudia Conway posted TikToks celebrating her parents Kellyanne and George's withdrawal from politics
- In a series of TikToks on Monday, Claudia Conway celebrated her parents' announcements that they would leave their political roles.
- Claudia is the daughter of Kellyanne Conway, a senior White House counselor, and George Conway, a conservative lawyer who's been critical of President Donald Trump.
- Both announced on Sunday that they would leave their roles to focus on their family. Claudia reacted on TikTok, saying, "Look at what I did."
- Claudia has criticized Trump and her mother's politics on social media, adding another layer to the interest in the marriage of her parents, who hold extremely different political views.
Claudia Conway on Monday made a series of TikToks celebrating her parents' announcements that they would withdraw from politics.
Claudia, 15, is the daughter of Kellyanne Conway, a counselor to President Donald Trump, and George Conway, an anti-Trump conservative lawyer.
Over the past few weeks, Claudia has used her TikTok and Twitter accounts to voice opposition to Trump and her mother's politics. She said on Sunday that she would take a break from TikTok to focus on her mental health.
Hours later, she returned to social media to post videos celebrating her parents' statements.
Kellyanne announced on Sunday that she would leave the White House at the end of August to focus on her family.
"In time, I will announce future plans," she said. "For now, and for my beloved children, it will be less drama, more mama."
—Kellyanne Conway (@KellyannePolls) August 24, 2020
That day, George tweeted that he would withdraw from The Lincoln Project, an anti-Trump conservative group he cofounded, "to devote more time to family matters."
—George Conway (@gtconway3d) August 24, 2020
The Conways' marriage has been a source of huge interest given their political differences and how vocal they have both been about their beliefs on social media and in interviews.
Claudia's recent decision to share her views created more interest in the family's dynamics. She has criticized Trump's tweets, called for people to vote him out of office, supported the Black Lives Matter movement, and highlighted the US's high coronavirus death toll.
She recently said she was "devastated" that her mother was speaking at this week's Republican National Convention, and she joined in a TikTok trend by posting a video with the caption "You think u can hurt my feelings? lol my mom is kellyanne conway."
In July, she jokingly asked Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to adopt her.
In late July, she pushed back on criticism about focusing on her parents' politics on Twitter. "Age should mean nothing in terms of intellect and willingness to learn," she said, adding, "I am not disrespecting either of my parents; i am simply speaking my mind."
She added: "This also goes to all the adults in my life who choose to belittle me in 'defense' of my mother. it's none of your business. i am my own person. i possess just as much respect and intellect as you do. what i do and how i use my platform is for the betterment of my generation."
On Sunday, she tweeted that while she and her father "just both happen to have common sense when it comes to our current president," it was also the case that "politically, we agree on absolutely nothing."
After posting the TikToks responding to her parents' resignations, she posted another one with just the text: "Words are not enough to express my love for my following. you are all amazing. thank you for the support and love.
"May you feel my love and peace back. i am taking a break to process this recent news and to stabilize my mental health. i love you. i love you. i love you."
- Nifty, Sensex bounce back on Friday but experts see resistance at higher levels
- Temperature's Toll: Hospitals see a surge in drug and alcohol abuse-related visits on hotter nights, study reveals
- Passive flows account for 42% of foreign capital flows in 2023
- Explained: How Covid-19 heightens risk of heart attack, stroke
- Pankaj Tripathi starrer Fukrey 3 gets a flying start at the box office