Doctors discovered nails and screws inside the stomach of a man who swallowed the metal objects after he quit drinking alcohol
- A man swallowed
metalitems for about a month after he stopped drinking, BBC reported.
- After experiencing abdominal pain, the man was sent to a local
- At the hospital, doctors found objects including nails and knives in his stomach.
A Lithuanian man swallowed metal objects, including nails and knives, for a month after he stopped drinking
According to the report, an ambulance transported the unidentified man to a hospital after he was suffering from severe abdominal pain.
Doctors removed about two pounds of the pieces of metal during surgery, calling it a "unique case." Other items found were screws and nuts, the outlet reported.
"During the three-hour operation with X-ray control, all foreign bodies, even the smallest ones, in the patient's stomach were removed," a surgeon, Sarunas Dailedenas, said, the Guardian reported.
Another surgeon said that they "never seen anything like it," according to the report.
A shocking photo posted by a local news outlet shows the items removed from the man's body, and some were about 4 inches long, causing damage to "the front wall" of his stomach, according to reports.
According to the BBC, hospital officials said the man was in stable condition after the lengthy surgery.
- 'Texting between iPhone and Android is broken:' Google puts Apple on blast for converting Android texts to green bubbles and 'blurry' compressed videos
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 beta arrives next month – here’s how to get early access
- Indian diamantaires want to make lab-grown diamonds a woman’s best friend
- OPINION: World Biofuel Day — Can biofuel help sustainably meet the growing energy needs of India?
- Kotak Mahindra rolls out a lifestyle focused salary account
- Trading on Indian crypto exchange WazirX drops by over 55%, WRX token loses sheen
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Z Flip 4, Watch 5 series, and Buds 2 Pro launched: Check price, specifications and photos
- Will Aamir Khan’s Laal Singh Chaddha be the box of chocolates Bollywood is waiting for?