Elephant kills a zookeeper with a single blow from her powerful trunk
- Joaquin Gutierrez Arnaiz, 44, was a zookeeper at Cabarceno Natural Park in Cantabria,
elephant's powerful blow flung him onto the iron bars of her enclosure, CNN reported.
- He died from injuries in the hospital some three hours later.
A Spanish zookeeper has died after an elephant struck him with her trunk, throwing him onto her enclosure's iron bars.elephant struck him with her trunk, causing his head to hit the bars of the pen, according to CNN.
López Marcano also told AFP: "We're talking about unpredictable animals. The force of the strike was tremendous, of a magnitude that one could not survive."Cabarceno Natural Park includes a 61-acre elephant habitat with 20 elephants. It is also home to some 120 others, including lions and tigers, but this is the first fatal incident in its 30-year history. Last year, a 46-year-old zookeeper was attacked by a 197kg gorilla named Malabo at Madrid
- Tiger Global makes its first crypto investment in India making Coinswitch Kuber worth half a billion dollars
- Best pulse oximeters to keep a check on your SpO2 readings
- Poaching doubled during the lockdown in India due to the 'three F's', and these are the animals most under threat
- Android 12 Developer Preview 3: All the upcoming user-facing features revealed
- These are the hottest fintech and crypto jobs in India right now