Elon Musk says Twitter deal 'probably won't' increase his life expectancy and may mean more threats
Elon Muskimplies he may get more hate and threats after
- Musk joked that owning Twitter 'probably won't' increase his life expectancy.
Elon Musk implied that he may get more threats if he buys Twitter following a call to expand his security team.
A Twitter user urged Musk on Friday to add more security guards to his team and said that he will receive more threats after he owns the social media platform.
Tesla's chief executive on Saturday responded: "True, owning Twitter probably won't increase my life expectancy."
Musk recently said his $44 billion takeover of Twitter will not proceed until he gets clarity on how the social media platform calculates the number of fake accounts on the site.
Twitter's CEO, Parag Agrawal, and its legal chief, Vijaya Gadde, told employees on Thursday that the deal is not "on hold" and reassured staff that the deal will go ahead, Insider reported.
The call for Musk to bolster his security team comes days after Insider revealed that the SpaceX founder paid a flight attendant $250,000 to settle a sexual misconduct claim against him in 2018.
The flight attendant, who worked on a SpaceX corporate jet, accused Musk of offering to buy her a horse in exchange for an erotic massage and of exposing his erect penis to her, according to interviews and documents obtained by Insider.
Musk denied the sexual misconduct allegations and said on Twitter: "Those wild accusations are utterly untrue."
He later said the accuser should describe his scars or tattoos in a tweet seemingly aimed at the source and said "she won't be able to do so, because it never happened."
- Indian startup founders celebrate Paytm’s success as company posts first operating profit
- Kim Jong Un abruptly reappears after 36 days out of the spotlight and orders North Korea to 'prepare for war'
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- PM Modi endorses Indian Oil's 'Surya Nutan' solar cooker at India Energy Week! Should you switch?
- Adani Power's Q3 profit plunges 96% to Rs 9 cr as expenses rise
- After an Ather 450X catches fire, the company says its battery is safe — fire was due to a wiring harness issue
- CCTV camera for home with mobile connectivity for 2023
- Best smartwatches under ₹3000