Female police officers in Texas say they were sexually assaulted at undercover 'bachelor parties' their male supervisors attended
- Female deputies say in a
lawsuitthey were sexually assaulted by coworkers while undercover.
- Four women say they were recruited for the undercover operations and asked to act like prostitutes.
- They now are accusing high-ranking officers of molesting them in front of other staff members.
Female deputies at a Texas
According to a lawsuit seen by the Washington Post, four women who worked for Harris County Constable Precinct 1 said they were told to act as prostitutes and drink excessively at the parties and do "whatever it takes to make an arrest."
The lawsuit, filed against Harris County Constable Alan Rosen, Assistant Chief Chris Gore, and Lt. Shane Rigdon, alleges the women were handpicked for the undercover work with no training, and accuses high-ranking officers of molesting them in front of other staff members during the parties.
In a statement to the Houston Chronicle, Rosen denied the allegations, and said he would "never allow a hostile work environment."
He said that upon learning about allegations he launched an internal investigation and changed the leadership in the department's human trafficking unit.
"To this day, not one of these plaintiffs has ever made a formal complaint," he told The Chronicle. "Each employee interviewed was given the opportunity, in a safe environment, to express any concerns. Their own interview statements contradict many of the allegations in the lawsuit."
At a press conference announcing the lawsuit, one of the women reportedly said: "We are here to speak truth to power so that this never happens to any more women and children ever again."
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- This frequent flyer who's been 'skiplagging' for a decade says she has 'no remorse and no angst'
- Personal trainer Kelsey Wells' protein-packed go-to smoothie is a 'meal in a cup' that tastes like cookie batter
- These are must to do activities in Shimla on your next visit
- ONGC to invest ₹1 lakh cr in energy transition, targets net-zero by 2038
- List of famous things to buy in Shimla
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Screen-sharing and usernames on WhatsApp soon: All you need to know