First batch of infant formula headed to US from Switzerland as at least one hospital reported treating babies fed homemade and diluted formulas
White Houseon Wednesday announced "Operation Fly Formula" to address the national shortage.
- On Thursday, the White House said the first batch was being sent from Switzerland to Indiana.
The first batch of
The White House on Thursday announced a batch of Nestlé S.A. formula would be transported from Zurich, Switzerland, to Plainfield, Indiana, by commercial aircrafts contracted by the Department of Defense.
Hypoallergenic formulas intended for babies with dairy milk allergies are being prioritized "because they serve a critical medical purpose and are in short supply in the United States because of the Abbott Sturgis plant closure," the statement said.
Operation Fly Formula was announced Wednesday and allows the Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Agriculture to use military resources to pick up baby formula from overseas.
The operation is part of a series of measures taken by the Biden administration to address the infant formula shortage as empty shelves have left parents across America scrambling to find food for their babies.
Insider's Anna Medaris reported Wednesday that an emergency room in Texas has been treating babies whose parents fed them homemade or watered-down formula, putting the infants at risk for life-threatening seizures.
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- Toyota's president said he 'did a little happy dance' after the company dethroned GM to become the bestselling carmaker in the US last year
- PM Modi inaugurates India Mobile Congress, experiences 5G devices being showcased
- Jio will launch 5G for the entire country by December 2023: Mukesh Ambani
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- SEBI tightens disclosure norms for IPOs, brings mutual fund transactions under the gambit of insider trading rules
- Best camera phone under ₹15000
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World