Former Liberty president Jerry Falwell unexpectedly showed up to a student event and invited them to a graduation party at his home
Liberty Universityfiled a lawsuit against former President Jerry Falwell Jr. two weeks ago.
- On Thursday, he showed up at a student event and invited them to a graduation party at his home.
- Liberty has also banned all staff from communicating with Falwell.
Former Liberty president
"I just want to invite all the seniors to my farm on May 8. We're going to have the real Liberty graduation," Falwell told the students, standing on a small stage erected outside an off-campus student house, according to a video reviewed by POLITICO. "If you're not a senior but you date one, you can come, too."
Two weeks ago, Liberty University filed a lawsuit in Virginia state court against Falwell alleging he misused university resources and tried to conceal a relationship involving a former pool boy. The University also banned all staff from communicating with Falwell.
The university said in the lawsuit that Falwell's years-long effort to conceal his "illicit conduct" hurt the university's reputation and breached the school code of conduct.
Politico reported that Falwell and his wife Becki showed up to a Thursday school event where around 200 students were gathered unannounced and uninvited.
A student who was there told Politico that Falwell's daughter, who is also a student at the university, told Falwell "Please don't come."
The Falwells have been engrossed in controversy including reports that he and Becki had a multi-year affair with a pool boy.
"We'd love to have you out there. Becki says there's no way we can plan it that fast, but we can and we will," Falwell said. He also encouraged students to share party information on social media, Politico reported.
In August 2020, Giancarlo Granda told Reuters that he had a multi-year sexual relationship with Falwell and his wife Becki. Granada said he met the couple in Miami in 2012.
Falwell said it was only his wife who participated in the affair.
In August 2020, Falwell posted a picture of himself with his pants unzipped, holding an alcoholic beverage in his hand, and with his arm around a woman at a yacht party. The photo outraged the US evangelical Christian community.
The photo also violated Liberty's code of conduct. The university strictly requires students to dress "modestly" and also bars students from drinking.
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- Toyota's president said he 'did a little happy dance' after the company dethroned GM to become the bestselling carmaker in the US last year
- PM Modi inaugurates India Mobile Congress, experiences 5G devices being showcased
- Jio will launch 5G for the entire country by December 2023: Mukesh Ambani
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- SEBI tightens disclosure norms for IPOs, brings mutual fund transactions under the gambit of insider trading rules
- Best camera phone under ₹15000
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World