Former NFL player Phillip Adams was the gunman who killed 5 people before shooting himself in South Carolina, the Associated Press reports
- Five people including a prominent doctor in South Carolina were killed in a
- An AP source said the gunman was former
NFLplayer Phillip Adams.
- Adams died by suicide on Thursday, the source said.
The gunman who killed five people including a prominent doctor in South Carolina was former NFL pro Phillip Adams, who killed himself early Thursday, a source who was briefed on the investigation told the Associated Press.
The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to speak publicly, said Adams' parents live near the doctor's home in Rock Hill, and that he had been treated by the doctor. The source said Phillips killed himself after midnight with a .45 caliber weapon.The York County Sheriff's Office said they had searched for hours before finding the suspect in a nearby home.
A man who had been working at the home, James Lewis, 38, from Gaston, was found shot to
The York County Sheriff's Office told WCNC that Adams died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound after a standoff with police.Alzono Adams, Adams' father, confirmed to WCNC that his son is the shooting suspect. "I think the football messed him up," he said. "(Lesslie) used to be my doctor a long time ago, I know they were good folks ... we're going to keep them in our prayers."
Faris called the shooting a "tragic situation" during a
"None of us can figure out why," Faris said."Dr. Lesslie was my doctor growing up," Faris added. "Dr. Lesslie has been one of those people that everybody knows. He started Riverview Medical Center in Rock Hill and it's been a staple in Rock Hill for years."
A biography page of Dr. Lesslie said he and his wife of 35 years raised four children. He had been practicing medicine in Rock Hill since 1981, according to the Riverview website. He received his degree at the Medical University of South Carolina and has worked in the surrounding Rock Hill area and Charlotte, North Carolina.
Rock Hill is a city in northernmost South Carolina about 25 miles (40 kilometers) southwest of Charlotte, North Carolina.
- What makes Virat Kohli the most loved brand ambassador during IPL
- ICICI Bank, Tech Mahindra, Nestle India and other hot stocks to track on April 20
- Notified new policy on rare diseases, approved budget of Rs 25 crore for treatment: Centre to HC
- Former PM Manmohan Singh admitted to AIIMS after testing positive for COVID-19
- If you are 18 years or older, you can get a COVID-19 vaccine from May 1