France reports highest single-day rise in coronavirus cases
The new figure was not included in the government's daily virus press release Thursday night, but was put on a government virus tracking website.
The national public health agency and Health Ministry didn't provide a reason for the rise Friday.It comes as testing has become more easily available in France, though it is unclear whether that is part of the reason. Advertisement
The French government has gradually increased the number of tests it is conducting after widespread criticism early in the pandemic that it was not testing widely enough.
Scattered virus outbreaks have been reported since France's reopening began, notably in some schools that were subsequently shut down.France has reported more than 28,000 virus deaths in hospitals and nursing homes and more than 149,000 people who have tested positive with the virus. (AP) IND IND
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Amid COVID-19 scare,Intermediate 2nd year supplementary exams cancelled in Telangana
- 11 test COVID-19 positive in UP's Muzaffarnagar, active case count now 105
- TCS revenue dips by 6.3% — CEO says nearly all verticals were hit by COVID-19 crisis
- Finalising venue for shooting camp will depend on COVID-19 situation
- COVID-19:Many mentally ill homeless institutionalised, traceable, why need ID proof to test: HC