GOP Rep. James Comer wants 'every person at Twitter' to talk to Congress after Musk said he'd release details on Twitter's 'suppression' of a story about Hunter Biden's laptop
- US Rep. James Comer said he wants Twitter employees to be questioned by Congress.
- Comer made the comments on "Hannity" on Fox News on Saturday.
GOP Rep. James Comer of Kentucky said he wants to bring Twitter employees who were responsible for suppressing tweets related to Hunter Biden's laptop to answer before Congress.
Comer said in "Hannity" on Fox News that he wants "every employee at Twitter who was involved in suppressing the Hunter Biden laptop story" to come before the House Oversight Committee. Comer's claim follows the publication of internal documents by journalist Matt Taibbi showing how Twitter suppressed tweets related to a New York Post story related to Hunter Biden's laptop before the 2020 presidential election.
Twitter CEO Elon Musk criticized the company's former management for deciding to suppress tweets related to the laptop scandal and the New York Post Story which suggested that Hunter Biden tried to set up a meeting between his father and the Ukrainian company where Hunter was working.
Taibbi said on Hannity that the internal documents showed that Democrats had more access to Twitter management which they used to suppress tweets about the story.
"When we announced the investigation of the Biden family and referenced material from the laptop, many in the mainstream media said this is just a conspiracy theory," Comer said.
"We know that there was correspondence between the Biden Campaign and the Democrat National Committee to suppress this story," Comer said.
Twitter did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment on Saturday.
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google recruiter says he discovered he'd lost his job after a call with one of his candidates suddenly disconnected
- Google may release Pixel Tablet Pro with Tensor G2 chip
- BMW launches its 3rd gen BMW X1 in India
- YouTube Music on the web gets mood filters
- Premium segment contributed 35% of overall smartphone market revenue in 2022
- US industry urges FM to rationalise, simplify direct and indirect taxes in India