Hotel review: The V Palm Springs is a design-forward boutique hotel you can book for under $100 a night - even on a holiday
- Palm Springs is a desert oasis that's popular year-round, but if you're visiting in high season, the V Palm Springs hotel can regularly be found at an excellent price point.
- The boutique property provides the same highly-styled design and lively pool scene as many other much more expensive counterparts.
- Rates start at just $99 even when occupancy rates are high. I stayed over two recent busy weekends and wouldn't hesitate to book again.
With Palm Springs' calendar of world-class festivals and sporting events, the desert oasis' hotel scene has flourished to include an impressive portfolio ranging from sprawling resorts to boutique charmers.But price points during high-occupancy periods can prove daunting, even prohibitive. Travelers are sometimes forced into the $500 range for an ordinary room at an unmemorable property - and that doesn't even include the resort fee. Advertisement
However, there are exceptions. I travel frequently to Palm Springs and the V Palm Springs has emerged as a top boutique property that offers exceptional value year-round. Even during popular periods, the hotel delivers excellent service in a design-forward, comfortable environment. Travelers range from those simply in search of a good deal, to discriminating Instagram influencer types willing to sacrifice neither cachet nor style.
I landed great deals on two recent occasions. I booked a last-minute weekend stay at the V for, of all times, over Coachella weekend last year. I paid a nightly rate of just $250 plus a $37 resort fee for a Pool View Room with Balcony - an almost unimaginable bargain during what is likely the most inflated Palm Springs travel weekend of the year.And it was no fluke. For Labor Day weekend this year, I paid (wait for it) just $79.20 plus the resort fee for a last-minute Pool View Room with a semiprivate terrace.
I've pulled these moves on other high-occupancy occasions and had good luck with the Saguaro and the Riviera, but, my experiences have not been as consistently positive as at the V Palm Springs.Whether a planned getaway, last-minute stay, or holiday weekend, the V Palm Springs is my go-to for a desert hotel that's cheap, chic, and clean.
- The first impression
- The room
- On-site amenities
- What's nearby
- What others say
- What you need to know
- The bottom line
- Book the V Palm Springs starting at $99 per night here
Keep reading to see why I was so impressed by the V Palm Springs.Advertisement
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
- Facebook removes false accounts linked to Brazil's Bolsonaro
- WB reports highest single-day spike of nearly 1,000 COVID-19 cases
- IIT-KGP extending additional Rs 3,000 to emergency workers on campus
- Pune district adds record 1,618 COVID-19 cases; 25 more die
- 78 new COVID-19 cases in Jharkhand, tally rises to 3,134