I stayed at the new Grand Hyatt at SFO and made it from hotel to gate in 13 minutes - here's why the only on-airport hotel in San Francisco is worth the cost
- The brand new Grand Hyatt at SFO, which cost $237 million, recently opened and is San Francisco International's only on-airport hotel.
- The 351-room, 12-story hotel is adjacent to the International Terminal but provides direct access to all terminals, BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit), and the airport Rental Car Center via the AirTrain.
- Standard rooms start at $209 a night and are worth the price if you need to go from bed to gate in mere minutes. I spent the night in a Standard Queen and it saved my family a lot of time and made our travel day much easier.
- Read all Insider Picks hotel reviews here.
On a good day, it takes me at least 90 minutes to drive to San Francisco International Airport from my home. So even a short flight will typically turn into a long day of traveling. Early morning flights are especially painful.
To help ease the burden, I've tried a number of nearby airport hotels but they tend to provide average accommodations at best, and truth be told, they really don't make the trek to the airport any easier. I still have to wake up before the sun to catch a shuttle bus, and between waiting and driving it could still take up to a half-hour to get to the airport.
There just wasn't a good solution until the new Grand Hyatt at SFO opened its doors in October 2019.
The hotel has 351 guestrooms, including 22 suites, and rates for a Standard King Bed or Two Double Bed options at the Grand Hyatt at SFO start at $209.
Facing another early morning flight, my family and I opted to try the new hotel out and booked a Two Queen Beds guest room on the 11th floor.
Even-numbered rooms offer front-row views of the international terminal. We were in an odd-numbered room with views of the freeways and mountains, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a stay in either for not only the value but the impressive ease and convenience this hotel provides to SFO airport.
Travel days are never easy, but staying here made it a bit more bearable and that is worth a lot.
Staying longer in SF? Read our list of the best hotels in San Francisco.
- The first impression
- The room
- On-site amenities
- What's nearby
- What others say
- What you need to know
- The bottom line
- Book Grand Hyatt at SFO starting at $209 per night here
Keep reading to see why I was so impressed by Grand Hyatt at SFO.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Best 4K HDR monitors in India
- Best 165Hz gaming monitors in India
- Best microphone for video recording in India
- Affordable over-ear headphone for your work desk in India
- Best power banks with dual USB ports