I've been skiing for 16 years - here are the 8 essentials I'd recommend for any beginner
- I've been skiing for 16 years, and many of the essentials I use now are ones I used when I was a kid.
- Whether you're a first-time skier or have done the bunny slopes twice, you'll need certain gear that you can't rent - though I'd definitely recommend renting skis and poles.
- Here are eight essentials that all beginner skiers will need, like water-resistant pants, anti-fog goggles, a well-fitted helmet, and more.
I've been skiing for the past 16 years, and while my parents have stopped packing my bag for me, the essentials that I bring to the slopes are the same things that any beginner needs. The only difference is that now, I bring my own poles, boots, and skis.As a beginner skier, you won't need to purchase your own skis and boots like I do as it's much easier to rent. You will, however, need basic skiing essentials like thin layers, pants, helmets, and goggles, and even smaller items that even seasoned skiers might forget like lip balm with SPF and hand warmers.
Here are eight essential items beginner skiers will want to have before venturing up the mountains:
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A snow helmet with MIPS protection
Base layers to keep you warm
Water-resistant ski pantsAdvertisement
A warm ski jacket
Gloves that you can still use your phone with while wearingAdvertisement
Tall socks specifically made for ski boots
A super-soft neck warmer for cold daysAdvertisement
- New immigration rules: Visa applications open under UK's post-Brexit 'simple' points-based system
- Bata names Sandeep Kataria as its global CEO — the first Indian to lead the 126-year old footwear giant worldwide
- Serum Institute claims that its COVID vaccine is safe and that it has a clean chit from the authorities for Covishield
- After Delhi, Gujarat reduces COVID-19 test prices to ₹800 from ₹1,500 for private labs
- November GST collection stands at ₹1.04 lakh crore