James Murdoch resigned from the board of News Corp., citing editorial 'disagreements'
Murdoch, the eldest son of mediamogul Rupert Murdoch, made an abrupt exit from the board of directors at News Corp. on Friday, citing "disagreements" with certain editorial content from the company.
- "My resignation is due to disagreements over certain editorial content published by the Company's
newsoutlets and certain other strategic decisions," Murdoch wrote in his brief two-sentence resignation letter dated July 31.
Murdoch familycontrols two major media companies — News Corp. and FoxCorp., the parent company of Fox News and the Fox Broadcasting Co.
- His resignation came six months after he slammed News Corp. and Fox News for promoting climate-change skepticism amid the Australian bushfires earlier this year.
James Murdoch, the eldest son of media mogul Rupert Murdoch, abruptly resigned from the board of News Corp. Friday, according to a company statement.
"My resignation is due to disagreements over certain editorial content published by the Company's news outlets and certain other strategic decisions," Murdoch wrote in his brief two-sentence resignation letter dated July 31.The Murdoch family controls major media companies — including News Corp. and Fox Corp., the parent company of Fox News and the Fox Broadcasting Co.
"Kathryn and James' views on climate are well established and their frustration with some of the News Corp. and Fox coverage of the topic is also well known," a spokesperson for Murdoch and his wife told The Daily Beast at the time."They are particularly disappointed with the ongoing denial among the news outlets in Australia given obvious evidence to the contrary," the spokesperson added.
- India beats England in 4th Test, series 3-1, enters World Test Championship final
- Tech bids open for Mumbai-Ahmedabad Bullet train bridge project, says NHSRCL
- Tesla launches new social engagement platform 'Engage Tesla' for both public policy team and owner's clubs
- IndiGrid inks largest transmission deal with Sterlite Power
- Araku Valley, an idyllic weekend getaway spot in the north-eastern corner of Andhra Pradesh