MrBeast reportedly earned over $54 million in 2021, the most of any YouTube creator in history
MrBeastearned $54 million in 2021, the most of any YouTuberin history, according to Forbes.
- Jimmy Donaldson is one of the most popular YouTubers, with over 88 million subscribers.
The YouTube star Jimmy Donaldson, or MrBeast, made $54 million in 2021, the largest yearly earning for any YouTuber in history, according to Forbes.
The amount is nearly double what Ryan Kaji, a kids' YouTuber known as "Ryan's World" who scored first on Forbes's previous list, earned last year, Forbes reported.
Donaldson had an incredible year, climbing from 50 million subscribers at the start of 2021, to over 88 million as of January, according to the data marketing website SpeakRJ.
He is ranked as the 8th most subscribed-to channel on YouTube and the 3rd largest in the United States, according to the data analytics website SocialBlade. His channel has garnered over 14 billion views for his viral philanthropy videos and elaborate contests where he pits people against each other to compete for a prize.
His most popular video of all time, posted in November, was a real-life recreation of the hit South Korean drama "Squid Game." The video amassed over 200 million views in just over a month.
Following him on Forbes's tally were the YouTubers Jake Paul and Mark "Markiplier" Fischbach, who earned $45 and $38 million through the year, respectively.
- MrBeast called out TikTok for allowing a deepfake version of him hawking $2 iPhones to run wild on the app: 'This is a serious problem'
- How an OnlyFans creator earned $60,000 from a 'marathon' livestream
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Tata Motors to offload 20% stake in upcoming Tata Technologies IPO
- End Of Irrational Exuberance: Five reasons why markets are tanking In the middle of a bull run
- Riskometer: Your guide to choosing the right mutual fund
- Nifty, Sensex see red on weak global trends, unabated foreign fund outflows
- Updater Services’ stock debuts flat on the bourses